Sunday, January 21, 2007

Step 3

Objective: 0.20 - 0.40 HRK

Starting Balance: 0.20 HRK

January 21, 2007 - I started my work on Step 3 by trading 10 lipas coin for 20 lipas coin with my mother. I ask her if she wants to exchange with me and give me 20 lipas for 10 lipas. Naturally, she agreed with the terms of the trade. :) She was a bit curious why I need that and what is it all about. I told her that I'm trying an experiment and that I will tell her later what is it all about. Initially, I planned to trade with my mother my 0.20 HRK for 0.40 HRK to easily complete Step 3, but she didn't have any more in so small coins.

So in that moment my balance was 0.30 HRK.

Evening was very nice, so I took a walk around the neighborhood with my daughter and my wife. After few minutes I found 5 lipas coin under one bench in front of our apartment building.

In that moment my balance was 0.35 HRK.

By the end of the walk I found 10 lipas coin laying in the grass at children playground, again in front of our apartment building.

I ended my hunt with balance of 0.45 HRK.

Since I need 0.40 HRK to complete Step 3, I removed the additional 5 lipas (0.05 HRK) as profit. Now I have 0.45 HRK in pocket change as a profit from My Doubling Adventure. I think I even can get a cup of tea for that price at work in our canteen. I usually don't drink tea, but tomorrow I might spend my Doubling profits on cup of tea. :)

Step 3: Completed!

Current Balance: 0.40 HRK

3 comments:

Rachel. said...

Hi Edo,

Thanks for visiting my blog & welcome !!

Seems we have similar money conversions (sort of). The loweset denomination in NZ is 10c.... But a cup of tea here would be more than a dollar :)
I would have to make 3.3 mill to reach 1mill pounds !!

When I was on lower amounts, I found goods that I could sell. This might be an idea for you. Or create a report and sell it ?

Anyway, good luck !

Rachel.

Doubling Challenge

Edo said...

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for visiting My Doubling Adventure!

I just checked exchange rate... 1 NZD = 3.84 HRK.

Interesting that you don't have lower denominations than 10c. Did you also started your doubling from 10c?

I plan to go that way... to trade with different stuff. Your blog has excellent ideas.

Good luck in your doubling and stop by to check my progress.

Edo.

Rachel. said...

Actually, After looking for 2 weeks my puppy found the first money and it was $2.70 ! I then found another 5c before our money changed over.

Our government decided it would be right for our lowest denomination to be 10c which means you can pay up to 9c more for something as there is no change !

I realise the amount I found skipped me ahead a little, but to date, I've only found one other coin !

Good Luck,
Rachel.

Doubling Challenge